Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Hunger Games Trilogy - again...

Leading up to this moment a couple of things happened simultaneously...
1. We went on a double date to see the film, Mark was the only one of us to have not read the book... I really felt he had been ripped off, that he was missing so much of the story... I really wanted him to read the book, he would not...
2. An actress that I adore, Kristen Bell, was telling a story on a talk show about the same experience with her partner, and so read the books to him... I am a big reader, always have been, and in my time I have read novels aloud to my best friend a few times, and bedtime stories when sleep was rare...

So I asked Mark if he would like me to read it to him, he agreed and away we went... 1 chapter every night before bed... It was a nice experience, definitely shed more light on the story, having someone to discuss it with! Even though our opinions sometimes differed! I must admit, after many months of reading, by the last 20% I was ready for it to be over... I have read it three times now, time to put it to bed...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: