Sunday, June 3, 2012

Elmo's World Tour Melbourne

I love taking my kids to events like this... We have been to a LOT of kids entertainment, from one off shows, theme park shows to kids festivals with lots of acts...

Elmo's World Tour did feel a little above Marley's age range, some of the things they were talking about she had to ask me to explain... Maybe this show is better suited to 4 year olds? Luckily she loves letters do that kept her excited! Lots of singing and dancing which was great!
The idea is that Grover got back from a world tour and all his Sesame St friends wanted to go on one, so Abby Cadabby uses her mediocre magic to take them to different countries starting with whatever letter she conjures... She is trying to get an A for Australia, which of course comes last! When they finally get to Australia, they introduce a sheep called Lady Baaabaaa, she is a cross between Lady Gaga and Dame Edna, something for the adults! Marley was stoked about Lady Baaabaaa, she did a medley of Gaga tracks made into edutainment...
Mace was super chilled throughout, barely moving! I had to ask Marley to check whether he was asleep a few times! Marley did love it, singing, dancing, doing their call and response, she definitely enjoyed it!
Personally it was about one rung above the Disney show, a few below Wiggles, Charlie and Lola, Yo Gabba Gabba and Rastamouse...







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Leah said...

Thanks for posting about this, helps me to decide whether to take my little one. Which is a no. I think she is far too little to understand it, and dont get me started on the price of tickets! WOW!
Can't wait till she's a little bigger for this stuff!