Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day 1 including shake shack

We are a couple in our mid/late 30's from Melbourne, Australia, taking a trip without our kids, a rare experience, and also super exciting! We LOVE NYC, this is our fourth trip... The last time we came was 6.5 years ago, with our daughter, at that point we knew the next time we came back it would be sans kids!

We have been to NYC 3 times previously, and have our go to things we like to do, places we like to eat, my vegetarian husband has since been diagnosed with lactose and fructose intolerance, so we have had to make changes, it's been refreshing to try new things...

The 26 hour trip was quite tedious, though it was a joy to have peace for that first 14 hours in flight... A long layover at LAX, I'm pretty sure that's my least favourite airport in the world... The rest of the trip I was tired, but we made it...

If you are on a visa Waiver, you can go via the automatic machines... I believe it was only if you have travelled to the U.S. on that passport since 2008... Which was awesome today, but our next trip I will have a new passport, that is a downer...

Taxi is a flat fee from the airport, we have him $70 (flat fee, toll and tip) I read somewhere that that was it and I was too tired and excited to do maths...

The first thing on my list at 10pm when we arrive, is Shake Shack, I know there are mixed reviews of this spot, but it was dope! The queue was out the door, but it wasn't that long, the queue and pick up was only 20 minutes... So worth it... I had the shack burger and the white way frozen custard, mark had the shroom burger and fries, all delicious... 

We hit Times Square, I was probably too fragile for that, especially with all the girls with body painted breasts, I don't remember that from previous visits... Can see why New Yorkers avoid it... A few shops later and we were ready to go to bed... 

I got about 2.5 hours sleep... Let's see how today goes! Shopping and a Fourth of July cruise...

(So much cheese in that portobello mushroom patty)

No comments: