Thursday, July 9, 2015

Coney Island

Coney Island
In the 3 times we have been here, this is our first time to Coney Island... It's a beautiful hot day, and Coney Island is heaving, I can't get over how big it is, and how full it is... It feels like the whole of the 5 boroughs are here! 
We walk around, decide to get some eats, I was determined to go to smorgasburg... I got some amazing jerk chicken, slaw, plantain from Excel Kingston Eatery, and a vodka to even myself out... I don't drink often at home, I had forgot all about hair of the dog, but it worked... 
Over to the circus sideshow/freakshow, as we turned up the ringmaster was out the front saying $5 entry instead of $10, we were going in any way so I was pleased with the bargain!

The circus sideshow/freakshow
Usually $10, we got in for $5, sitting in the bleachers in a little dark theatre, it began... We love shows like this, and it was good, definitely worth full price... Some bits made me a bit squeamish, but definitely some good entertainment... 

Out to Nathan's so Mark could get a hot dog (he doesn't have the meat texture issue with overly processed meat), and over to the beach... The breeze was a welcome relief... There were sooooo many people on the beach, it was consistently busy all the way to Brighton... We walked all the way to Brighton, by which stage our legs and feet are done, I was craving the seat and aircon of our long journey home... 

Twice in Brooklyn I tried to get a s'mores frap at Starbucks, but they had run out! At the second spot I was told if I want one I would have to go to Queens or Jersey! On our way home we went to the local Starbucks and they had it! It was amazing! My best friend is the national HR manager for Starbucks Australia so I'm lobbying her to get it over to aus!!!

A long FaceTime with the kids and we got the guilts that we hadn't bought them anything yet... Off to a Toys R Us Times Square... My feet/legs still sore, not managing that well on half the sleep I normally get, enter the terror dome... We did it though, got a bunch of things... The plan was Johns pizza for dinner, but it was a 20 minute wait on a table, I consulted my google map and saw that 5 napkin burger was not far away and around the corner from our spot, so away we went!

I'm not sure how he got Karrie from Corrie, I think I need a Starbucks name...



No comments: