Monday, July 13, 2015

Day 5

I am pleased to report I got 7.5 hours sleep last night, so happy! 

I also need to say that people here are so friendly, we are quite tattooed, my hair is ombré black/blue, my husband has a baby Mohawk (he tattoos for a living), and I always expect that people won't want to talk to us, which is fine, I'm socially awkward anyway... But in NYC everywhere we go everyone wants to talk, compliment our ink, ask questions about Australia, it's crazy... Even on the subway, mark is a Londoner and I lived there a couple years, we have the 'head down and no eye contact' on the tube, and now subway thing down, but someone always wants to talk... The thought would be that they are tourists too, but we haven't talked to a tourist, except on the Fourth of July cruise... 

Another breakfast on the go this morning, going to Queens Centre to get some more shopping done... I know, I know, you are thinking why go to a mall? Manhattan has everything... When doing a great deal of shopping there is definite ease getting a lot in one place and getting it home relatively easy... There was a lot to buy, and things that had sold out in Manhattan were still available... So good! More sneakers, clothes, cosmetics and toys! So much shopping that the bank flagged my husbands credit card as being used too frequently! Luckily I had mine for back up... My food highlight there was a Cinnabon, we tried these in Hawaii last year, and I love them... The only downside was not having the kids here to share it with, it was a lot! I can't believe I ate it all! That will do for lunch! And kept me full for 8 hours...


The afternoon we were going out separate ways... Mark is a hip hop record collector, so I had made him a google map print out with all of his record stores, and I had a bunch of stores I wanted to check on my own too... Coincidentally our start and end points were similar, so the plan was to start together and meet up at the end... I stumbled across a Journeyz and bought more sneakers, up to 5 pair for myself now, I need to rein it in! 

Off to a couple of spiritual book shops, got a bunch of things... Walking from union square to the village, shopping as I went, it was so hot, I was hanging for air con and a drink... I conveniently arrived at our liaison point 5 minutes before Mark, I had come via stonewall place, and decided that we would go to stonewall inn for a beer once I found him... After that we went home, long FaceTime with the kids, too long, making me miss them terribly... 


Off to bare burger in Hell's Kitchen... All organic and free range burgers and while they were pricey, they were amazing... There really look after their vegetarian and vegan clients, mark thought his burger was quite possibly the best burger he has ever had! Mine was pretty amazing too... The sides were mediocre, the drinks were good...


Walked around the corner to Reunion Surf Bar for a couple drinks... Great venue and vibe... Would love that to be my local...


Exhausted again... Changing our plans tomorrow, less shopping, more chilling!

No comments: