Sunday, April 6, 2008

Brooklyn Diner

Brooklyn Diner
220 W57th St at 7th Ave
We decided to walk up to the Brooklyn Diner – on a recommendation, and it was really good!
As we approached it was looking really full, and we were starving… I had fear that we weren’t going to get a table as I hear that this happens a lot in NYC, but usually we eat so early that it doesn’t happen to us… Once in we were seated straight away which was lucky as it was the last table and everyone after us had to wait to be seated…
Before the food came we saw David Walliams (looking extremely hot in a suit) and Matt Lucas (looking super casual) two tables down from us, I was totally star struck, we are fans of Little Britain…
I needed the bathroom and for the first time ever in a restaurant I had to queue to use it… This was weird as there are two unisex bathrooms… But not knowing this I cruised up to the door and tried to get in thinking it was a door to many cubicles, but it was locked, I started to walk away and a woman yells at me that there is a line, I was really apologetic, because the line was combined with people waiting for tables in no obvious line I just had no idea… I waited for 4 people to go and finally it was my turn! Weird…
I ordered the ‘famous’ chicken pot pie, I can see why they say it’s famous, it was divine!!! Was really good to get some yummy veggies, I feel our trip hasn’t provided a good option with lots of colourful vegetables! Mark was stuck for a vegetarian option so went for the chicken parmigana, which looked great and he said (referring to that year of eating chicken in 2005) that it was better then any chicken parmigana he has had in Australia (and when he ate chicken we ate a lot of different chicken parmas!), it was quite like ‘pizza with a chicken base’ I know my family and friends would scoff at the possibility of Aus not having the best parma, but I trust Marks opinion…




No comments: