Sunday, January 27, 2013

Missy Higgins at the Royal Melbourne Zoo Twilight

When I was a little girl, the zoo pioneered jazz at the zoo, which has become a massive Twilight at the Zoo... My first time I was on primary school, there was plenty of room, it was a good time... Arriving at the Missy Higgins show, it was clear things had changed... I got there 20 minutes after the doors opened, and it was 3/4 full, it managed to completely pack out, beyond a comfortable amount of people, I wasn't really impressed by this... The feeling of being stuck overwhelmed me!

There was a support act which I didn't really listen to, and then there was Missy... She was looking adorable with cat ears on... Oozing charisma, talking to the crowd, telling stories about the songs, basically making me love her even more... And then there was the music, woman is crazy talented, plays instruments beautifully and has a lovely voice... At one point the lions were roaring and she was singing, it was surreal and beautiful, it was an absolute pleasure to be there... I'm not sure I would do it again, but seeing her in that environment was truly special...













No comments: