Monday, May 7, 2012

Nerd do well - Simon Pegg (biography)

This was one of the brilliant gifts I bought for Mark, knowing perfectly well I would get to enjoy too! We love Simon Pegg, we love his tv, writing, films... There was a time we watched 'Shaun of the Dead' almost daily, it was one of 'our' films, as you do when you are dating/honeymooning etc... So my expectations were high... Unfortunately they weren't met!

I know that reading a biography is to fall into the self indulgent world of the writer, and usually this is the appeal... In this case I just felt like I was taken there, but I didn't enjoy the place, it was too focused on what I view as pointless little stories with a couple of interesting snippets in there... I guess that's because I wanted to know more about his adult life, what his inspirations are, things that are more relative to now... So I missed the point, or there wasn't one... Not great either way...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: