Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter long weekend...

The long weekend was awesome, spending quality time with the family is always super special... The only downside is the issue I have with Easter... We aren't religious, so Easter itself doesn't mean anything to me, it might sound odd, if you know how much I love Christmas! Christmas to me is about an amazing full day dedicated to family and food, Easter is just a reason to let loose on chocolate...

The problem is that I don't like my kids eating much junk, so getting loads of chocolate goes against my method of parenting... Mostly so they didn't feel like they missed out culturally, the Easter bunny does bring a few eggs for an egg hunt in the garden, of those eggs they ate two small ones on the day, and a further one each yesterday, we have eaten the rest and they shared some with everyone that came over the long weekend... The rough part is trying to explain, or give off the vibe that we don't want lots of chocolate in the house, we don't want the kids to expect it, we don't want to decorate our house for Easter like we do for Christmas... And it is tough trying to convey this message without sounding like a cow... It made me feel that maybe Easter weekend isn't my favourite holiday, and as the kids get older we should definitely not spend it at home!





No comments: