Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Standing on the tram...


Had to get the tram into the city this morning for a special event for work... Getting on the tram at a ridiculously large 19 weeks, two women get on in front of me, both taking the last two available seats on the tram, one of which was in the 'special needs' seats... Now I am big in the tummy, and it is clear that I am pregnant, I am not at the point that I need to sit because I'm all big and tired... For me, it is more about safety... If that tram takes a fast turn or quick stop and I fall onto my tummy, it would be dangerous to the health of my baby... We go the whole ride with no one making eye contact, G-d forbid that I would request a seat, then a couple people get off right before my stop, and the next people all ask if I want a seat first... This left me with a warm and fuzzy feeling, that at least some people aren't pricks...

No comments: