Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Carlton Football Club at Open House: Emerald Hill Missions Wednesday breakfast

This morning, like every Wednesday morning I hauled arse into work to feed the local hungry people... I was pre warned that 10 or so dudes from the Carlton Football Club would be joining us, to get a look at how the 'other half lives'... I'm always against these types of things... I don't like my clients to have people with money around because it just highlights what they don't have, I fear that any publicity would stop our service being an anonymous service and I overall stress about anyone new coming into the yard...

When they rocked up I felt that I had shrunk to about 2ft tall, these geezers were HUGE! But surprisingly they were really nice... Really interested in the work we do, the clients we serve and how they could help... I'm sure that when we opened the gates they looked intimidating, and one of our clients asked whether they were cops, haha... But overall it went really well... Didn't get any pics outside as I was overseeing the players serving our food, but here is a couple of Bob talking to them about the work we do...




*if anyone knows any of these dudes names please let me know because that's the first question everyone asks every time I mention their involvement!

No comments: