Friday, June 7, 2013

Art attack on a drizzly Friday morning...

In our house, Friday mornings are an equal worst parenting experience with Thursday nights... After they both have a 7/7.5 hour day at kinder/crèche, they are tired and grumpy, I get the brunt of it... It takes about an hour until they have pushed me to the edge, and then I usually bake, but today thought we should get into the Art Attack pack we bought last week, especially for a miserable day like this... Because we already have a cupboard full of arts and crafts, especially Pompoms and googley eyes which are in this pack, I thought we would be cheeky and got Mark to make extra colour copies on card for future use! I set up while they were in bed so I didn't have to deal with a whingefest while I was setting up, nothing happens quick enough for a tired 4yo... 

Mace needed some extra help, where Marley was fine on her own... We stuck on the Pompoms and eyes, when that was over, made a couple birthday cards and a spider... It was really really good and positive, until the end which inevitably ended up in tears (a Friday morning signature)... We distracted with puzzles and I promptly packed up... A great activity, would have been even better with non tired kids! The art attack packs are like $10, definitely money well spent, especially with the re-uses I have planned!




No comments: