Salted Caramel Toffee Coconut Macaroons Dipped in Chocolate
Chocolate dipped coconut macaroons with salted caramel and toffee. These macaroons are heavenly!
1/3 cup salted caramel sauce
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 egg white
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
1/2 cup toffee bits
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the salted caramel sauce, sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until combined. Add in the coconut and toffee bits and mix well.
3. With a spoon, scoop up about 2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Form the cookies into mounds that have a peak at the top. Use your hands to gently squeeze the dough together to create a slight point at the top. Your hands will get sticky, but that's ok:)
4. Bake the macaroons for 17 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes or until they are firm and set. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
5. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Make sure you keep stirring the chocolate every 20 seconds or so until chocolate is melted and smooth. Lay out a large piece of parchment paper or wax paper. Dip the bottom of the macaroons into the chocolate-just so the bottoms are covered. Set dipped cookies on the paper to dry. Dip all of the cookies and let them sit on the paper until completely dried.
Note-you can make these 2-3 days in advance. Store in an air tight container on the counter.
Friday, May 31, 2013
Salted caramel macaroons dipped in chocolate...
This cold of Marley's has come back full force, I feel like since we got back from Vegas, my life has been defined by these germs... Adding gym to feeling like there is a cold on the horizon, it's been hard going... The weather both creates and perpetuates it... In any case, one of my beautiful and pregnant girlfriends came over for morning tea, and I made her some of these salted caramel macaroons dipped in chocolate... They could have done with more caramel but they were still divine!!! I didn't add the toffee because I didn't have any!