A friend suggested that www.sprinklebakes.com was amazing, she was right! Just about every post Marley was wow and oohing about! I decided this would be good for both babies, I could prep and they could do the balls and sprinkles!
There are helpful notes on the website!
Multicolor nonpareils (at least a 3.75 oz. jar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar and beat again until combined. Scrape down the bowl and beat in vanilla and lemon extracts. Beat in the flour, salt and lemon zest. The dough should not be sticky and should hold together when a small amount is squeezed in the palm of your hand.
- Shape mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls (a little over 1 tablespoon of dough). Roll dough balls in nonpareils. Arrange balls 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until bottoms of cookies are light brown. Frozen cookie dough will take slightly longer to bake. Transfer to wire racks and let cool.
- Keep in an air-tight container or in a zip-top bag with the air removed