Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Shield - Seasons 1 - 7


We were slow on the uptake of this series... Always on the list of things to watch, but we didn't even get around to starting it until our trip to Cairns in October... I bought Mark the first three series on DVD for Christmas last year, and we didn't even touch them until we started packing for this holiday, and so it began...
In the beginning I really struggled with Vic Mackey, the show itself had sucked me in, and I wanted more and more, but Vic was ultimately a bad guy... I remember saying to Mark that I didn't think I could keep watching it with such an evil dude as the hero, especially when starting it was already up to season 7 on TV, so you knew that he wouldn't die, or pay for his sins for many seasons... But eventually I got over it, seeing other sides to the character which charm as well as keeping the knowledge that there would be trouble later, many episodes are based on this...
By the end I had love for most of the characters, was definitely attached, which made some of the choices made in the series really distressing... And now its over I keep thinking about it... Its a shame that there isn't more, but it definitely tied up all loose ends, and didn't leave much room for speculation, or hope that somehow it might come back...
Awesome show overall... Watch it!

No comments: