Monday, October 13, 2008

Palmers Tummy Butter

The minute my pregnancy was confirmed I rushed out and bought some Palmers products, am a massive fan of loads of their products and use one or another every day... I wanted to start a ritual so that Mark could bond with my bump and thought that getting some yummy creams and lotions to rub in on a nightly basis would be the perfect bonding experience for him, and pampering for me!

I bought a couple of products but wanted to start with the Tummy Butter because I liked the sound of the ingredients, and thought the lavender would be nice before bed...

It went on thick, but smelt nice and felt nice, maybe a little waxy... After using it for a week or two my tummy was itchy and red... I thought it might have been because my tummy was growing or something, but it was continuously irritated, and after a week or more of scratching it occurred to me it might be the butter... So we stopped using it, and it cleared up within days! I was bummed out because it sounded great and my body had never been allergic to anything before... But here we were, so I gave the butter to a pregnant friend, and pondered whether I should use something else, or give up completely because it was a bit scary having such a reaction...

I decided to try something else, and it was fine, will review it tomorrow...

No comments: