Monday, July 28, 2008

Box on Collins - Seafood Restaurant

Box on Collins - Seafood Restaurant
www.boxoncollins.com.au/
189 Collins Street
Melbourne
1300 189 BOX


Mum and Shane took us here before 'Wicked' Saturday night... Mostly due to it being next door to the Regent Theatre, and they had eaten there before and enjoyed it... All the food we saw come out of the kitchen looked divine, so my expectations rose as I cruised the menu and saw lots of yummy options... Overall the service was great, very attentive, even if the waitress was a bit inappropriately tactile... Would definitely go back when I am in the mood for seafood and give it another go...


Smoked salmon Caesar salad, mums order, was lovely, I had a bit of this after mine due to the lack of salad available with my dish and it was gooooood...


Marks pumpkin and fetta risotto, he enjoyed this... It was sweeter then expected due to the sweet chilli sauce...


My order, the Atlantic salmon with a mushroom risotto cake and tomato balsamic salad... I was impressed with the amount of salmon on my plate but they could hardly call a little bit of chopped tomato which appeared like garnish to be called a salad, the salad was a big part of the appeal for me, and there was hardly any... The risotto cake was divine, all in all for $39.00 there could have been a little more food there...



Shane's roast duck, he loved it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, there's no denying you were jibbed there!