Monday, March 17, 2014

March in March...

I don't like to push my politics on here, but the protest about loss of faith in our current government (Australia), was such a massive experience and it felt so important... Yet it wasn't reported in mainstream news because if their ties with our current government, I just thought I should say something...

Somewhere between 30,000 and 50,000 like minded individuals got together in Melbourne to march to the steps of parliament and on to the treasury gardens... In that massive crowd, not once did I feel unsafe, no one seemed angry... It was an incredible peaceful and positive protest, even when people would bump into you, they were apologetic, it was so amazing to be in that! I was weary of taking my kids, so I didn't, but there were so many families there, and it was absolutely fine for children... The chants weren't profane, some of the signs were, but small children can't read... 

There were people from all walks of life... My friends and family, a kinder mum I know, a bunch of people I used to rave with, attend hip hop gigs with, see at the football, so many people I knew in that crowd...  A man in his 70's stopped my girl Kelly to ask what 'WTF?' meant, so we had a bit of a chat, and it was like that, sharing moments with strangers... Strangers that want a better future for our country...

That's all...











No comments: