Saturday, October 5, 2019

Day 9 Tokyo


Used Klook car service from airport, driver was 15 minutes late. It was 11.30pm and we were all very tired, would have been so happy with the service if only he was on time! Not what I was expecting in Japan! The car was lovely and good driver though.

Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu
This is a quad room and there is a huge amount of space unexpected in Tokyo. 4 king single beds. But the bathroom is old and smells of mildew, and having the bed on the wall the joins the bathroom, I could smell it while sleeping. The following night I swapped beds with my husband as he couldn't smell it. Loved our stay here.
The location is amazing, view from our room of the scramble crossing.

Shibuya, Harajuku, Shinjuku
This is awesome, we hit most of the spots on my list. But I do feel that you need to know where to go to find what you like. We all shopped for hours, so much great stuff to look at. Grabbed lunch at 7/11, so many choices, all good too. This place is just mindblowing. Amazing vibe. We all loved it here.

Robot restaurant
This was a bit of a gamble. The kids wanted to go, I had no idea what to expect and to be honest I still don’t know what happened, but I loved it! We all did, it feels like everything you expect from Tokyo. Definitely recommend, it’s loud though, they give kids head phones to cancel out some of the noise. Such a great time!

Genki Sushi
This was delicious! Lots of variety, and all fresh, quick service, because you only get a 45 minute seating and you have to be done. There is almost always a queue, put your name on the list, it moves quickly. Really good, and we ate a lot, it cost less than half of what we would spend at any other sushi train! And we all enjoyed our meal.


No comments: