Friday, February 14, 2014

Nirvana Lullaby cd...

I was given this as a gift when Marley was born and I acquired quite a few of the other Rockabye Baby Lullaby Renditions of favourite artists... I used it as quiet time music... I know there are some really mixed opinions on these albums, but for me, it was a way of keeping my own identity through music and imparting the feeling of what I like on my babies... 

We are now almost 3 years on in Mace's life and what I love about him having and using his own boombox is the musical choices he makes... When he is tired, he will put on the Nirvana cd and have a little rest on his bed, humming along, sometimes he even falls asleep... Last night he was wired after having a big sleep at crèche and he put the cd on and rested to it until he fell asleep... I wonder whether it brings him comfort as it has been background in his life for his whole life, or whether he is just doing the research before I blow his mind playing him Nevermind at an appropriate age...



No comments: