Thursday, February 13, 2014

Baking vegan banana bread...

Y'all should know by now that I really enjoy baking... What you probably don't know is that I feel really guilty about baking, because my husband has a dairy intolerance and I like baking with dairy... It is a constant struggle in my mind, and then I ordered the Allergy Mama's Baking Book, and thought I would give some vegan baking a go... It went surprisingly well! I have copied the recipe with the changes I made, though I'm sure that the original would be even more delicious!!!


Banana Bread

The food allergy mamas baking book

1/2 cup glad dairy free margarine

1 1/3 raw sugar

2 large mashed ripe bananas 

3tblsp water

2 3/4 cups flour I blended white and whole wheat

2 1/2 Tsp baking powder

1tblsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup of dairy free buttermilk (1c soy milk with 1tblso white vinegar let sit for 10 mins)


Oven 175c

Beat sugar banana margarine

Mix dry ingredients

Combine all ingredients and buttermilk

Pour into 2 baking/bread pans and cook for 50-60 min until a skewer comes out clean


I stupidly put it all in one pan and so it took an hour and a half to cook!!!


It's a funny texture, but is indeed delicious... And the house smells so gooooood!


No comments: