Monday, March 11, 2013

Build A Bear Workshop Party

Things have been crazy this past week, I didn't even get a chance to talk about the birthday party we had for the kids! I am not a fan of home parties, at this point I find it all encompassing being social on big groups of people without the added pressure of having to cater and plan an event... Marley had been asking for a build a bear party for about 8 months, we thought it might be a good option for the kids double party... It works because my mothers group friends all have 2 kids with similar age gaps, so Marley's friends have younger siblings who are all little boys Mace's age...

The party was awesome, you choose your budget, no food allowed, no loot bags required as everyone takes home a bear! The beginning was a bit all over the place, I didn't feel that the hostess had a handle on making sure everyone stuck to the budget, ending up in me going over budget... It wasn't a big deal, I just find money awkward, and saying no even more awkward...

The party went for an hour and fifteen minutes, it was well executed, the kids were all really well behaved and seemed to enjoy their time... The bears are cute as ever, I can see how you could spend much more on a bigger package, but the $35 a head was enough for us! A great success, enjoyed by all! Highly recommended party idea...

No comments: