Tuesday, October 1, 2013

School holidays, without any holidays...

I know I have been incredibly quiet over here... But school holidays will do that to you! I have no idea how I used to manage before Marley started kinder? Or maybe it is just since kinder, it's can I paint/cut and paste/do craft etc etc etc, which is fine, except mace wants to join in and isn't quite there yet... It's the only time I can really see the difference as bring so wide in their skills... All of the independent play, football, imaginary play, Lego, they share the interests and Mace can keep up with Marley, sometimes even go beyond her skill set, dude can kick a ball!!! But I am definitely struggling...

One of the best ideas ever was to send Marley off to K&C performing arts school holiday program for three days last week... It was awesome, and somehow cheaper then childcare! They had three days from 9-3.30 with a concert on the last day to show us their singing, dancing and drama (including little outfits and all) that they had learnt, as well as a little art show... It was amazing! I can't put up much in the way of photography as other kids were close at all times! And if this sounds like an awesome program to you, check with your local school to see what's available in your area...

No comments: