Monday, June 1, 2009

Avenue Q at the Comedy Theatre

We got our tickets for Christmas and have looked forward to it ever since... I didn't really know what to expect, but I didn't expect to see the puppeteers, which totally threw me... It took a little while to get used to the idea of seeing them and through out the show I phased in and out of focusing on them...

Really well written, very funny, great characters and songs... 'If you were gay' was probably my favourite, but most of them were quite amusing... Was an adult take on Sesame Street with actors and puppets interacting, and some of the puppets are obvious parodies of Sesame Street characters, awesome... If you are a fan of Jim Henson's puppets/Sesame Street its worth checking (even though it is not affiliated with them), if you are even slightly curious about what its like you should check it, if seeing puppets shag is going to ruin all of your childhood visions of puppets then do not check it!

No comments: